Few mistakes in youth futsal for newly formed teams..., so...., we should avoid from doing this kind of mistakes... :-
- Short rosters. Teams have short roster to have more playing time. This is not the spirit of Futsal. In Futsal coaches should replace players often to get the most of their energy and coach them while they are out.
- Excessive kicking. Futsal is not a kicking sport. It is a moving and getting close to the goal.
- Dead zone players. Players that don’t move get in a dead zone. If a coach perceives a player in a dead zone the coach should replace the player immediately and talk to him. Either the player is tired or don’t understand the game.
- Giving up. Do not look at the score board, a goal can be scored in 2 seconds in Futsal. If you think that your game is lost because you are loosing by 5 or 6 goals you are mistaken.
- Not using the goalie as a 5th player when available. Use the goalie when you can. The goalie becomes the fifth player and gives an edge. If the opposing player goes after the goalie the goalie passes to the open player. If the goalie can’t pass he can kick to get rid of the ball after 4 seconds of possession.
- Over committing on the last minute. When players see the clock on the last minute they get desperately on the attack. The odds are that they will get scored against. This tactics of over committing should be used only when the game or tournament is completely lost.
- Controlling the ball with the side of the feet. in Futsal the ball is controlled with the bottom of the feet. Players loosing focus. There is no time in Futsal for getting upset. Getting upset with a play or the referee may cost your team dearly. If you don’t have the focus the odds are that your team will suffer.
- Physical games. Futsal is skills; it is not a physical game. Instead of play physical players need to focus on the game.
- Playing Futsal just to enhance skills. To benefit from Futsal you have to understand the spirit of the game.
- Lack of movement. When attacking, players should be moving constantly. Rotation is highly desirable. When attacking, players need to be constantly looking for open space.
: : other tips......
- The kick start is a forward kick. Place the receiving player close enough so he can get the ball before the opponent.